Northumbria is a research-rich, business-focused, professional university with a global reputation for academic excellence. We conduct ground-breaking, impactful research that is responsive to the needs of individuals and communities within the areas of science & technology, health & well-being, and economic, social & cultural development.
Northumbria University is in the Times Higher Education UK top 50 for research power, based on the results of the Research Excellence Framework. Additionally, we are ranked among the top 175 universities worldwide for research citations and are in the world’s top 100 universities aged 50 years or under, according to the Times Higher Education World University Rankings.
With your support, we can:
- Enable more staff to produce high quality research that addresses global challenges and contributes to regional, national, and international priorities.
- Increase the number of funded PhD studentships that we offer, with the aim of attracting exceptional applicants worldwide.
- Provide a broad, welcoming, and supportive research experience that allows staff and students to explore and achieve their full potential, regardless of background.
- More closely integrate our education and research so we deliver research-enriched education that empowers our students to realise their ambitions and make a powerful contribution to regional, societal, and global challenges within their future careers.
- Expand our partnerships with businesses, cultural organisations, government, and institutions around the world to leverage the impact of research to address economic and societal issues as well as the urgent global challenges.
Spread the word